AIB AIB Prevailing Rate - Go to the Ombudsman now.

Ginger2

Hi
I received my final rejection letter from the Tracker Panel on the 21 August 2019. I followed your templates for all my responses. My question is since we have heard nothing from the Ombudsman yet regarding the AIB Prevailing Rate should I send in the letter that Brendan suggested now. The six months is nearly up now. I have been following all the threads here and thanks Brendan for all your hard work. I would be lost without your help.
thanks again.

Hi Ginger

Thanks for your kind comments. I sat beside a guy at lunch yesterday who claimed I was clearly on the side of the banks when it came to trackers. So it's nice to know that some people recognise the work I have done on behalf of borrowers.

There is no need to go to the Ombudsman on this yet.

The six months has no relevance. It was AIB's idea but they are not sticking people to the time limits.

The Ombudsman has a number of these cases at advanced stages so you should wait until the Ombudsman publishes his decisions.

If he upholds the complaints, then I would expect that AIB will apply the decision to all affected customers. If AIB don't do that, then you can go to the Ombudsman and I will have drafted the complaint that everyone should make.

If the Ombudsman rejects the complaints, then there would be no point in going to the Ombudsman with my argument as it would only be rejected.

So, you either go to the Ombudsman with a different argument or with some specific circumstances in your case.

But, let's not jump the gun. Wait another few weeks for the Ombudsman's decision on the issue to be published.

Brendan

Hi Brendan
Thanks for the reply. I was worried about the six month time limit but glad to know I can wait and see what happens and adjust my response accordingly.

I have heard you speak on the radio several times about this issue and only for you I would never have been able to keep going especially with all the banks jargon. So thank you very much. A lot of people here on this forum would be lost without your expertise to guide us through this process.

Back