AIB Internet Banking new feature

dewdrop

I just noticed when i checked my current account balance it also showed my available balance. Nearly tempted me to write a few more cheques.

Noticed this addition too.

I suppose this means uncleared lodgements are not available. This is a departure from usual. Would an overdraft amount be included in this 'available funds' figure. I don't know as I dont have one.

I think its very handy insofar as it shows you exactly what is in the pipeline.

People have complained on AAM in the past that some laser transactions haven't come through their account for months after the purchase and they became overdrawn because they had forgotten about the payment.

Noticed this addition too.

I suppose this means uncleared lodgements are not available. This is a departure from usual. Would an overdraft amount be included in this 'available funds' figure. I don't know as I dont have one.

Yes, it includes an overdraft amount. I have overdraft facility with AIB. I wonder why they have taken so long to add this balance feature.

Even though i worked in a bank many years ago I am a bit confused with the term "available funds" which says that these funds can be withdrawn. However their website goes on to say that depending on your account "Available funds" may also include items which have not yet been cleared and items that may be returned unpaid later. In such an event if a person did not have a limit or funds to cover such items they may well incur surcharge interest in addition to normal overdraft interest which i think may total 27%. I would have thought that "available funds" (which i assume is the same expression as "cleared funds" used in the past) would reflect the timescale taken to clear cheques drawn on banks in this country.

Back