AIB hoops

Cathbarr

Just wondering if anyone has had similar happen to them in recent months? We signed mortgage contracts for a switch to AIB the end of March. 2 months later and still has not been approved. It took 5 weeks to get a valuation from the AIB assigned auctioneers and we have been asked for at least 3 letters related to our life cover. We were told Tuesday that finally everything was in order so solicitor requested funds yesterday. Today I got another call from the bank telling me that the mortgage office had sent back another query about our life cover. They are asking why our current bank are the plan owners which is normal according to our life cover company and has been clarified by the person who sells these products for AIB.

I really feel that AIB don't want to lend to us. We have been made jump through through so many hoops for what should be a straight forward switch. We are borrowing less than 100k on a property worth over 400k! I work in the public sector and my husband's job in the private sector is as stable as one can be. Only for we will be liable for the solicitors fees which the 2k switcher offer will cover I would pull out for the entire process. Are banks tightening up on lending at the moment?

Back