AIB high "interest" current account

Afterflood

Hello all,

I have had a current account with AIB for decades.

At the start of this year I switched the account to the "high" interest type.

According to website interest is applied to account quarterly but to date I have not recieved 1 cent interest.

I emailed them, no repsonse.

I called 24 hr banking. The guy confirmed that I had not recieved interest, confirmed it should be paid quarterly and said that someone would call me within 24 hours to sort it out. This was 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing.

Has anyone ever recieved interest from AIB on the high interest current account?

I am beginning tot hink that they were assuming that noone would ever notice if they didnt pay the interest.

I will visit my branch when i get a chance. What a pain.

I think i have this account and have received interest..I think you need to either have something like 1500 in yor accoun all the time or receive that amount in monthly to qualify for interest..

AIB High Interest Current Account

I think i have this account and have received interest..I think you need to either have something like 1500 in yor accoun all the time or receive that amount in monthly to qualify for interest..

Yep, you have to lodge €1500 per month to qualify and then interest is paid at the "high" rate of 1% on balances up to €1500. I have one of these accounts and have never had any problem with the interest being paid. It's paid quarterly in mid March, June, Sept and December.

Yeah, from the best buy thread:

I can't see the 1% lasting much longer.

Thanks Guys,

I meet all the conditions but still havent recieved a cent. Am very mad about this.

Update from me.

Still no interest applied to account.

Ill give the person at the desk a piece of my mind when I get the chance to go in!!!