AIB did not process some payments from Ulster Bank on 4 January?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I got this text just now from AIB

You were due to receive a payment into your account on 4 Jan from Ulster Bank. Due to our system error, you did not receive this. We need you to take action & bring your account up to date. Please contact the sender to arrange for this money to be resent or make an alternative method of payment. We're very sorry for this mistake & we will write to you shortly with more details.

I wasn't expecting any money on 4th January. It might be a dividend but I don't think so.

Could it be a refund from Ryanair which they agreed to pay months ago? I think I got what I was due from them, but as the amounts were small I didn't follow up diligently.

Anyone else get a similar message?

Maybe when they write to me, they will tell me who my benefactor was.

Brendan

Last edited:
Hi Brendan,
My mortgage is with UB and current account is AIB, mortgage payment was not taken on Monday as it should have been and when I asked UB on twitter there were a number of other people responded who didn't have their payments taken either.
The payment was taken on Friday.
It didn't occur to me that AIB may have been the problem because of how often UB have had "technical difficulties" :rolleyes:

Did you get that text from AIB?

I presume that the mortgage is by direct debit, so it would be for AIB to initiate it.

Brendan

I had no communication from either bank except UB responding to me on Twitter and asking for my details. I decided to wait until they wrote to me because I have a long history of troublesome dealings with them.

The DD would be initiated by UB I assume.

Back