AIB Debt - In Uk

S

stressed

Hi,

I moved to the UK about 4 years ago and had a personal loan and cc with AIB which I always paid off on a monthly basis. After about a year in the UK I started to struggle with payments due to various personal reasons and stopped making repayments in late 2008. loan was circa 8k - cc 2k.

I am currently being pursued by an agressive debt recovery agency here in the UK. I do not have any assets in my name in the UK or Ireland.

I know the above is my fault and I am guilty of burying my head in the sand for the past year hoping that it would go away. Any advice available would be really appreciated.

Is it worth me contacting the bank and trying to work out a payment plan or have I now missed that boat. I would rather not deal with the debt recovery agency.

I have read I need to send a letter asking if the debt collector now owns the debt and request a copy of the agreement. Is this right?

The debt agency has asked for my new address, I have refused on the basis that I am not 100% sure who I am dealing with?

I now I have shirked responsibility in the past so am now trying to make amends, can the debt agency pursue me through the UK courts for an Irish debt?

Please help, not sure where to turn

Back