AIB Debit Cards - Can be used to withdraw money from Visa Plus/Cirrus machines?

O

oceanclub

I'm going abroad soon to the Middle East and would like to be able to withdraw money on my AIB card at Cirrus or Visa Plus marked machines there. I have one of the more recent ones, which is a combined ATM and debit card. The three logos on it are Maestro, Laser and Link.

Their web site says:

AIB Debit Card*
The AIB Debit card is a combined payment card which gives you access to ATM and Point of Sale functionality. The AIB Debit Card can be used for purchases wherever you see the Maestro symbol abroad and you can also use your card for withdrawals from ATMs (up to a daily limit of €600**) where the Link/Maestro symbol is displayed.
**Amounts may vary from country to country
AIB Banklink Card*
You can also use your AIB Banklink card to withdraw cash at home and worldwide (up to a daily limit of €600**) where you see the Banklink/Link/Visa Plus symbols displayed.
**Amounts may vary from country to country

When I rang up, they claims that I could withdraw from Visa Plus machines. But there's no mention of Visa Plus for the debit card. In fact, since my debit card mentions Maestro - a MasterCard brand - I doubt I can withdraw money using the Visa system.

So does anyone know if money can be withdrawn on Cirrus-logoed ATM machines?

Thanks,

P.

Back