AIB Credit Card Increases

amanwithaplan

Hi I've a platinum credit card with AIB. I applied for a small increase about two months ago.

Does anyone know how long I'd have to wait until I request an increase again?

I've read reports that it's six months. I'm just curious if anyone has confirmation of that?

Is there a penalty for requesting an increase sooner than that? E.g. if I put in another request now, it gets rejected, would it be another six months from my rejected application before I can ask again?

What is your current limit and what limit would you be applying for? If the amount is relatively low, there might not be a big issue.

I have read the same general information online regarding six month periods, but I have never seen a clear set of rules written down anywhere.

Call them and ask. My experience with another provider was that staff were decent and will help you avoid a credit application that is bound to be rejected due to technical rules.

Does anyone know how long I'd have to wait until I request an increase again?

I've read reports that it's six months. I'm just curious if anyone has confirmation of that?
Yes 6 months exactly. I set my phone alarm to do so every 6 months and no issue so far for the last 3-4 years like clockwork.

This is from AIB Online Banking when I try to do it just now within 6 months

1724274402237.png

Is there a penalty for requesting an increase sooner than that? E.g. if I put in another request now, it gets rejected, would it be another six months from my rejected application before I can ask again?
No penalty last I recall, the clock does not reset, just have to wait for the original 6 months to go by.

Back