AIB credit card debt - in MARP with BOI

stentor

I have been in MARP with BOI for a few years on A PPR and a BTL property. I concluded a split mortgage arrangement with them last October which was very tight for us financially but I have been making the payments. However BOI's position was that these new arrangements must be prioritised over any other creditors as any missed payments on the new deal will result in the loans reveting to the original contract and therefore unmanagable.. I have a CC debt with AIB (about 4.5K) which BOI said during the split negotiations I should be able to get AIB to agree a restructuring of as I was Involved in MARP with them. AIB however have not been co=opreative and I haven't been able to make any payments to them for months and yesterday I got a letter saying the AIB card is cancelled and demanding full payment of the balance. How should i proceed in trying to get AIB to deal with me on the balance? thanks

Brendan has already offered some advice here:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=1379118&postcount=12

Write to AIB explaining the situation with regard to the BoI restructured mortgage.
Tell them that you are obliged to prioritise your secured creditor.
But that you can pay them €40-€50 p.m.
Ask them to freeze interest charges on the CC balance.
And maybe even if they will come settle on some lower figure over a repayment schedule.
Put everything in writing and keep a file of all correspondence.

Good luck.

Back