AIB changing date of quarterly fees being paid - resulting in unpaid D/D

Sean1888

I had money enough to pay a D/D for the 30/12, when I checked my phone banking it had shown as paid and I had a balance of 0.72. On 31/12 I got paid and when I checked the phone banking the account showed my pay less quarterly fees and my vodafone bill being paid.

I checked the account this morning and it now shows as my direct debit unpaid on 31/12 and quarterly fees being paid on 30/12

Has anyone had this experience before? I am in a big of a panic as I am planning to apply for a mortgage in Feb and cannot afford to have unpaid direct debits showing.

I plan to ring AIB today but would like some advice if possible in dealing with this.

Thanks in advance

from here,dated Nov 2015, scroll down to page 4
http://personal.aib.ie/content/dam/...to-fees-and-charges-for-personal-accounts.pdf

1. When are Account Fees charged?

Account fees are calculated quarterly on the last working Friday of February, May, August and November. Fees are charged to customer accounts in March, June, September and December. The fee will be charged on the 28th or where the 28th is not a business day, the next business day

28th this year was a bank holiday

so maybe
    ready aim fire
    rather than
    ready fire aim.

As the OP describes it, the phone banking initially showed the DD as paid, while later showed it as unpaid. Quite apart from the issue of the fees this is well out of order, I wonder how the OP fared. I'd also suggest that the payment of fees should be after any external debits and not treated unpaid in the same way, although technically they may have due one day before.

What irritates me is all this guff about digital banking and none of the banks can send a text telling you we are about to bounce your DD if you don't lodge by 12.

The coordination of banks bouncing should be such that they will have made a lot of mistakes.

If people are prepared to spend time documenting their cases, the results can be spectacular.

What irritates me is all this guff about digital banking and none of the banks can send a text telling you we are about to bounce your DD if you don't lodge by 12.
No way could this be an option!!!! Clients must be responsible for managing their own accounts and ensuring that funds are in place to cover items presented.
generally 1st time unpaid DD's will be represented and provided there are sufficient funds in the account paid upon representation. Unpaid DD's would not cause any alarm in respect of a mortgage application unless they are a regular occurrence.

44Brendan its the simple extension of simple solutions. I realise you extract fees on the stupid way this is in place. Its dumb and out of date.

My Bank advises me prior to application of fees, in the old days the Bank would have paid that d/d when they saw that payment of their fees took priority over payment of the customers d/d, A sharp practice, modern Banking by faceless people. The computer says no...