AIB AIB asks Ombudsman to put other prevailing rate cases on hold...

Claude

just an update, we have a tracker complaint on hold with FSPO, we made complaint in 2015 regarding clause 3.2 and it’s contents/
out of the blue now , AIB have now written to the FSPO stating that the recent preliminary decision by the FSPO office might be relevant to our complaint “ due to the nature of the conduct complained of”. AIB have asked for the complaint to remain on hold now until a legally binding decision is made and they say they will then update the FSPO on our complaint.
i am putting up this to let people know that it seems AIB are now having to provisionally look at other tracker complaints on clause 3.2

Ditto, got the same response today. Looks like everything rests on how the binding decision goes...

I received the same communication today from the FSPO. Once the legally binding decision is given, AIB aim to write to the FSPO within 15 working days with an updated position in respect to the complaints on hold.

just an update, we have a tracker complaint on hold with FSPO, we made complaint in 2015 regarding clause 3.2 and it’s contents/
out of the blue now , AIB have now written to the FSPO stating that the recent preliminary decision by the FSPO office might be relevant to our complaint “ due to the nature of the conduct complained of”. AIB have asked for the complaint to remain on hold now until a legally binding decision is made and they say they will then update the FSPO on our complaint.
i am putting up this to let people know that it seems AIB are now having to provisionally look at other tracker complaints on clause 3.2
Claude,
I'm in the process of putting together a complaint to the FSPO myself related to 3.2. Could I ask if your complaint was around the content of the options letters you received or related to the Loan Offer itself? Thanks

Robbie,
complaint was related to that at the end of the three year fixed rate, despite writing to AIB ( have these letters)and documented phone call ( have this call from FOI) by us requesting to them to move to a tracker as per clause 3.2 in our contract, they bank denied us this opportunity and in writing to us only gave two options, further fixed or SVR.
we were moved to SVR. We have challenged this as a breach of contract .
we also have challenged the banks interpretation of clause 3.2 ,the wording used in option C- the tracker option.
i think most people who went to the FSPO have done so on similar grounds.

Hi Brendan,

No further communication from the FSPO has been received. In terms of a reply from Aib, this is what was contained in the letter I received from FSPO

Attachments

• 20200406_143945.jpg
    20200406_143945.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 478
Back