After a 'new' second hand camera

mloc

Okay,

I'm after a camera but fancy saving a few euro by going second hand. I like these 2 cameras and was wondering what peoples preferences would be?
Most use will be taking pictures of the family (kids jumping around!) and down by the seashore on fishing expeditions.
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

I have Nikon D50 & find it great for pics of the kids, fast moving pics etc.. assume it's not much advanced than the d40...

Personally, I would prefer to handle the camera, take a few shots, check the camera settings, check the photo on a computer etc before purchasing... these SLRs can be fragile...

Also, have a read of http://www.kenrockwell.com/

Some V good information on that site... might help you to make a decision..

Those are both good cameras, but very different. The Canon is a "bridge" camera, the Nikon a DSLR. If you don't want to expand into buying extra lenses and gear, then the bridge camera is far more versatile and easy to use, and ideal for the kind of photography you've described. If you see yourself developing an "enthusiast" level of interest in photography, then the Nikon is a fine start on that road.

More here, or on the Boards.ie photography forum. Incidentally, their sister site Adverts.ie carries loads of ads for secondhand cameras and equipment, and the forum-style layout of their ads allows for Q&As/discussion.

Back