Affordable Solicitor

sully

Hi There,

Just wondering whos is the most affordable solicitor at the moment. Have 2 transactions for a solicitor selling and buying? Is there any good deals at the moment?

Cheers,
Sully.

Loads of good deals, well two I know of, one if www.homebuyhomesell.ie but you need to be a member of a credit union - 999 plus VAT probably per transaction. No bells and whistles though. Also check Primafinance.ie, they seem to be doing some sort of a deal at the moment, not too sure of the details.

There are several topics dealing with this issue over on the old ezBoard site (which may or may not have been imported) in case they're of any use. For example , and others...

Hi Clubman and stobear, Thanks for those, i checked thru those post and they only seem to mention the same things as stobear mentioned. Rang PrimaFinance and they are offering 499 +Vat+ outlay(approx €500-€600) for buying and arranging a mortgage through them. And for selling Prima are €800 + Vat. so would be looking at a total bil of 1800-2000. Is there any better deal than this? Must contact homebuyhomesell now. Will get back on about that.

Friends of mine got a buy and sell transaction from around 2.2k which they were happy with, I've heard of a lot of people paying a lot more, seems reasonable though. Homebuyhomesell will come in around the same price i think. Check with family and friends for personal recommendations, make a few calls and you'll know if you are getting a good deal or not

Even if your mortgage doesnt come in above their threshold of 350k you should still be able to get primafinance to do your solicitors fees (for the buying part) for €1...just get the best mortgage quote you can elsewhere, ring up primafinance and tell em youll give them your business if they beat (settle for matching) that rate and give you the free legal fees.

sully said:
I was wondering if you go to banks directly and not use a broker thereby avoiding the broker fee for the banks would they give some of the fee they saved by going to them direct. I am well aware the banks will give me money but i want a slice of the boker fee pie if i can get it? And the query was which banks are most likely to do this?

Banks won't do this. They offer commission to brokers because brokers generate turnover for them while saving them labour costs in processing mortgage enquiries etc. If and when they deal directly with a customer, this costs them time and money.

Back