Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Re: Affordable Housing with Fingal

by big double doors i mean glass doors in the bedrooms so plently of light, you must have seen different ones

I have a viewing in Gleann Ribh on Thursday, there is only 1 apartment available no 22. Were there affordable houses or apartments offered here before? I was just wondering was this a cancelation as its strange there's only 1 available.

I have a viewing in Gleann Ribh on Thursday, there is only 1 apartment available no 22. Were there affordable houses or apartments offered here before? I was just wondering was this a cancelation as its strange there's only 1 available.

Hi lilylou,

Unfortunately after receiving an letter offering a viewing of Gleann Ribh, when I called to confirm a time they said that they already had enough people to view it. I'll just have to wait...

Let me know how you get on tomorrow. Best of luck!

howayiz

I've just had our apartment in Drynam Avenue snagged. We've paid the deposit but not signed the deal yet. I don't suppose anyone knows about whether these are affected by that dodgy cement Pyrite?

Hi

Anyone know if Fingal purchase private property for affordable housing? Looking to sell my property quickly. If you have number great if you could pass it on.

What did anyone who's completed need to bring with them on the final day for signing off
Do they need all that paperwork like bank statements and all that stuff again or just the deposit

What did anyone who's completed need to bring with them on the final day for signing off
Do they need all that paperwork like bank statements and all that stuff again or just the deposit

That is a good question, but personally I was not told about bringing any documents on the final day signing

you need to bring your most recent pay slip and a copy of your insurance cert and you need deposit and about 40 euro cash.

you need to bring your most recent pay slip and a copy of your insurance cert and you need deposit and about 40 euro cash.

40 Euro for what? And do you mean the insurance cert for the house structure and contents?

Did you or anyone else hear back about the snag?

my second snag is done closing on thursday, 40euro is for commissioner's fees and you need evidence of your building insurance noting fingal's interest in the property.

i wasnt asked for this building insurance?but i have to pay management company fees which i think cover that.

hi Everyone.. Got a letter today fro fingal offering 18 2-bed ground floor apartments in New haven bay, Flemington lane Balbriggan?? Anyone know anything bout them or the area.. viewing is 17th October...

hi Everyone.. Got a letter today fro fingal offering 18 2-bed ground floor apartments in New haven bay, Flemington lane Balbriggan?? Anyone know anything bout them or the area.. viewing is 17th October...

i was buying a three bed duplex there with my ex, very spacious. didn't see the appartments though. think they're staight across from the shopping area.

cheers Rachel and Abby... I wanted to see what they looked like on the internet... But im gonna go up today and have a look... Ideally i would have liked a house with a garden for my little girl but there just doesnt seem to be much coming up latley... Its either them aprtments in holywell, swords or these ones.. Anyways il let you know how i get on.. Thanks agian

I got the letter for New Haven Bay too, but I won't be bothering going to view as they've only two bedrooms. It was nice to hear something though, at least they seem to know I'm still alive (sigh). Are they around same area of the Dun saithne estate?

I got the letter for New Haven Bay too, but I won't be bothering going to view as they've only two bedrooms. It was nice to hear something though, at least they seem to know I'm still alive (sigh). Are they around same area of the Dun saithne estate?

Im not to sure because i dont really know the area to well, but i went to have a look at them yesterday.. Lovely apartments with front and back entrances... very roomy. master bedroom was huge but the other bedroom fairly small.. Loungeroom big though... Overall bigger than martello if you viewed them but no garden.. A communal garden but thats it.. Im looking for a place with a garden myself.... Have you had any other offers?? Im starting to think i should of taken Martello, they had huge lovley gardens and it seemed a nice area, and it dont seem like there are many more houses coming up...

Hi Tilly1,

Can you tell me please how long you were waiting from approval to being offered a place? Try not to be too disheartened. I'm sure at the time you declined Martello it was the correct decision. When something comes up I'm sure you'll know that it's the place for you.

Good luck,
howayiz.

Hi howayiz,

From approval to first time being offered, it was about 5 months i think... I was messed around for a while though... When did you get your approval? I think im bout 350 on the general list.. They dont tell you where you are on the local list.. Which means you could be 20th on the local list if you know what i mean... Im about 350 out of everyone on the list for all areas... Have you been offered anything yourself??

Hi Tilly1,

Yes, I was sent a letter offering a viewing of that Gleann Ribh place in Lusk. When I called to say I'd like to view it they said sorry, they've already had too many people looking to view it. I got approval in July, so it's early days yet. They said I'm 460th on the list not sure where I am on the local list - like you said, they don't tell you this info.

Take care,
howayiz