Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Re: Affordable Housing with Fingal

Sorry! did not mean to be insulting I just need to make sure I'm doing the right choice...

I'm sure you will have a good time in the house, as long as you feel it is right for you.

Hey all,

not sure if this link has been posted already:

[broken link removed]

It shows the houses currently under construction and the number ear marked for the AH Scheme.

Eims

Is this list up to date?

I think the main reasons are that:

They are small houses,
Far from the city,
and 1.74 miles from the train station.

It only details what they are currently working on, I'm sure there are other properties completed waiting to be handed over to the COCO. Also the list doesn't say when these properties will be ready.

Draoighonta,
do you know what broadbands are available in martello, seen a sign up for ice but it looks pricey min of 35 euro a month.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard how long it will take builders to do Snag for Martello. I gave them Snag list last Monday.

Hey all,

Got a call from the Affordable Initiative to view Carrington in Santry and The Coast Baldoyle this Saturday. I went up to see Carrington they are absolutely top notch. The price starts @ 259,000 for a 2 bed ground floor market value 360,000. An extra carspace is 7500 and really is a must if you wana have visitors.

Just to note, research The Coast as I think it is one of the developments by menolly homes effected by the recent discovery that they used defective cement or something like that. I have a friend whose house is effected in Drynam Hall and its turning into a bit of a nightmare for them as they had planned on selling this year!!! Just to be aware of it!

B

Norton,
I got the same letter and am waiting for an appointment.
I went to see both developments. Both have their plus points.
Carrington apartments are bigger in general. The area in Baldoyle looks nicer but smaller apartments.
I've got to say I'd be happy with either but went for Baldoyle first choice originally so will probably stick to that. Has anyone any information
on the issue with the concrete?

I don't think it has been confirmed that the Coast is impacted. There is a bit more info here related to the issues in Drynam.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=59644&page=3&highlight=Drynam

Hey,

I have my viewing in carrington at 11.30 tomorrow, carrington is my first choice. I also heard the Coast is affected by the dodgy concrete.

Its not about dodgy concrete it about 'pyrite' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrite) AKA 'fools gold' found in the sub-base of the foundations, its found naturally in stone and in abnormally high amounts affects "ground floor" units only. The AHI only has 2 ground floor units and the rest are 2nd and 3rd, no panic as it can be sorted! media loves to sensationalise things!

Bought in Carrington (market price unfortunately as I'm not a 1st time buyer), would love to know what they're like inside?

Did anyone who bought through AHS use a private solicitor? Did you find any advantages in having a private solicitor instead of the council one?

Have anyone went to shop around for home insurance to find the best deal?

Hey,

I bought a two bedroom apartment in Carrington with the affordable initiative yesterday. The apartment is 775 sqft and is on the first floor. I got it for 251k so i got a reduction of 125k which i think is fantastic.

Anyone how bought in Martello could you tell me what is your clawback, mine is 45% and I think it's a bit high..