Affordable housing help?

fingal15

Has anybody recently got a house under this scheme??My gf and i got provisional approval about 2 weeks ago.We got approved with Fingal.How long is it usually before your first offer??How long does the process take??What comes with the property?Any help would be greatly appreciated............

Hi we are in the same boat, we just got approved last week. We got provisionally approved for 140K which i have been lead to understand increases to 185 once you get final loan approval. Apart from that I dont know much more!

I never knew that your provisional loan amount could increase, did you hear this from Fingal directly? its very good if its true. Did they give you any idea of a time frame?

If it is the case that the amount your provisionally approved for can increase, how do the council know what price range to offer you??? Can anyone confirm this is true?
:)

Hi - seems like everyones case is different. When I sent in my application I was told that as I was on the higher end of the salary scale I should have no problem being approved for the whole amount.
a few weeks later they called and asked about my car loan.. They have made a new rule that car loans cannot be greater than the savings and that it could affect my amount.
I thought it was unfiar to inflict new rules on people that already applied, if that ws the case I would have sold my car and got a cheaper one when I was applying. Then my father said he would reduce the loan by whatever amount they wanted, when I told them that they said to leave it for the moment and they'll just try push the application through.

Has anyone been even contacted by them to sign forms..I believe when you get approved you are given a cert that is valid for a year, has anyone received it?

Has anyone been even contacted by them to sign forms..I believe when you get approved you are given a cert that is valid for a year, has anyone received it?

I got my cert from Fingal (cert is a fancy word for it, its a print out with my details, amount approved for and signed by an "Authorised Officer") . I didnt have to sign it.

Hi, re the increase to 185K, yep i rang fingal council about the 140K as i was a bit concerned that there would be no way we could save up enough to buy a house with a mortgage of only 140K. SO the women said it was just the way it was done! That is the max you can be offered at the mo and then once you get final loan approval its increased to the 185K. I know, it doesnt make sense to me either. WOuld love to know what info some else might get ringing about same enquiry.

so I wonder do they send u another cert with the "real" approval level at a later date? Or do they wait till the offer u a property? Its all a bit strange!

I rang up Fingal the other day and asked the same question, all they could tell me was that the amount increases in line with your savings/wage increases/circumstances etc. I wonder if this means they require more bank statements or salary certs at a later stage?

Back