aerlingus & travel cots

eveanne

Hi Folks,
Just wondering if anyone knows if aerlingus carry travel cots free(like strollers) or if there's a charge? Heading to tenerife for 2 weeks in sept..we have a fab travel cot that doubles up as a playpen & I was hoping to bring with..staying in private apartment so renting one is not an option...have thought about buying one there, but can;t seem to find any info online about buying baby equipment in tenerife...also can't find any info on aerlingus website ....thanks

...staying in private apartment so renting one is not an option...

Why not? The owner of the apartment may be able to locate one for you from one of their friends, neighbours etc, especially if you will be paying them some sort of rent for using it. That's the way we managed when our kids were that small.

I do not think there would be a problem so long as you do not exceed the allowable baggage allowance of 20kgs. Anything over that, and I am sure they will happily carry once you pay the excess baggage fee.

We take two car seats with us, and they're awkward shape but they're 18kg between the two of them, we've special car seat bag we got in the US. A bag can weigh up to 32kg with Aer Lingus anyway, it's 20kg per person but it can be combined into one big bag of up to 32kg rather than 2*20kg, you check it in as normal but you'll probably have to take it over to the area for bigger than normal luggage (word has escaped me just right now)