AerLingus to cancel Shannon-LHR?

AJC

Anyone any idea if AerLingus is pulling out of Shannon-Heathrow after next March? I can't book a flight in April, [though flights from Cork or Dublin are bookable on the website?]

Are the slots going to the new Belfast-Heathrow route?

The airlines only allow you to book a certain time in advance. Perhaps they haven't finalized their times etc for next April onwards.

I certainly HOPE they haven't cancelled it !

The airlines only allow you to book a certain time in advance. Perhaps they haven't finalized their times etc for next April onwards.

I certainly HOPE they haven't cancelled it !

Ok, but you can book from Cork or Dublin to LHR for the same dates - it seems a bit off that you can't book Shannon-LHR

Though you can book Shannon-JFK for example

You can't book Dublin to Orlando online for next April either - but you can book if you call their reservation centre. I think if they don't have all the flight details (times, aircraft etc) fully confirmed they don't put them up online. In theory you should be able to book all flights 330 days in advance.

Re: AerLingus to cancel Shannon-LHR - Confirmed

From rte.ie -August 5th

Aer Lingus to cease Shannon-Heathrow flights

Sunday, 5 August 2007 19:57
Aer Lingus is set to cease direct flights between Shannon and Heathrow and transfer the link to Aldergrove airport in Northern Ireland.
The official announcement will be made by the Aer Lingus chief executive Vermot Mannion after he meets Aer Lingus personnel in Shannon on Tuesday morning and then attends a news conference at Stormont on Tuesday afternoon.
It is not clear if the Shannon decision will involve job losses, as negotiations between the unions and the airline are likely.
Advertisement

The Aer Lingus move to Aldergrove will create at least 100 jobs and as well as the Belfast to Heathrow direct flights.
Aer Lingus is expected to introduce at least six services from Aldergrove to mainland Europe.
Earlier this year Aer Lingus confirmed it would retain scheduled services from Shannon to the US throughout the winter months.

Have just heard about this.I have booked to go to LHR with them in Jan 08 and wonder what the story is now?From when is the service cancelled does anyone know?

Have just heard about this.I have booked to go to LHR with them in Jan 08 and wonder what the story is now?From when is the service cancelled does anyone know?

OP said that he couldn't book for March 08 - I guess it must end in Feb then.

Re: AerLingus to cancel Shannon-LHR - Confirmed

From rte.ie -August 5th

Aer Lingus to cease Shannon-Heathrow flights

The official announcement will be made by the Aer Lingus chief executive Vermot Mannion

Another new CX? (This is how RTE spelled his name last night.)