AerArann + Easyjet - winter flight schedules + sales?

Bluebean

hi all,

Does anyone know:

1. If AerArann ever do a real sale on their flights - like when the base price of a flight goes down to less than say, 19.99? If they do, when do the seats go on sale?

2. Anyone know when Easyjet usually put up their winter schedule? I'm hoping to book for November but website keeps telling me I can only book for travel up to 30th September.

thanks!

I don't think Aer Arann would ever have much of the headline grabbing 1c fares that you see with Ryanair.

Because Aer Arann use smaller aircraft their costs per seat tend to be higher so they wouldn't tend to offer such low prices (though in fairness 19.99 one way isn't exactly a bad deal )

Because Ryanair flights have ~180 seats they can easily give away a reasonable number at crazy prices and still have plenty of other seats they can sell at much much higher prices to keep their average fare at a reasonably high level. With 40 seater planes Aer Arann can't really do this....

(it's a myth that Ryanair are always cheap anyway - at short notice their fares can be very very high - often higher than other airlines - it's quite possible to pay over €400 for a return trip to London - look at the flights for this Friday for example!)

As regards the Easyjet question ... Winter 2006 is on sale on their site already ... If you're looking at their Cork/Shannon/Knock routes I think the reason they're not on sale at the moment is they're under review and Easyjet are rumoured to be pulling out of Ireland.

Thanks Doc. I was looking at booking 6 months ahead, its only for an internal flight, bit of a one-off really. (Train or car would be usual mode of travel).
I suppose 70 euro return for Galway to Dublin isn't bad really - I've often seen them at 70+ for one way.

I just wanted to check in case there was a sale coming up shortly that I would miss by booking too far in advance!

Thanks again.