Aer lingus Union rep on RTE radio

Purple

I listened with interest to the lady from the trade union involved with the cabin crew in Are Lingus this morning on the radio. She was reasonable, logical and constructive. She didn’t cave in or disagree with the stance which her members have taken but she spoke in a positive way about coming to an agreement with the airline, taking into account the economic reality that they are operating within. I really hope that she’s the future of the Irish Trade Union movement.

She was miles away from the simple-minded dogmatic rhetoric from the usual mutton-heads that dominate the public profile of the trade unions.

I listened with interest to the lady from the trade union involved with the cabin crew in Are Lingus this morning on the radio. She was reasonable, logical and constructive. She didn’t cave in or disagree with the stance which her members have taken but she spoke in a positive way about coming to an agreement with the airline, taking into account the economic reality that they are operating within. I really hope that she’s the future of the Irish Trade Union movement.

She was miles away from the simple-minded dogmatic rhetoric from the usual mutton-heads that dominate the public profile of the trade unions.

+1 but I fear the worst for her now ;)

Furthermore, I imagine that she doesn't have a beard.

She had a difficult job to do, because I understand the union recommended accepting Aer Lingus's terms, but the members decided otherwise. So I presume her belief is that they voted unwisely, yet she cannot turn her back on them.

Back