Aer Lingus turning into Ryanair

MANTO

We all knew it wouldnt be too long before they followed suit, I personally think its a shame, I know flights are more expensive but they are so much better to travel with IMO.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2010/0126/aerlingus.html?RTEMAILID

Aer Lingus to introduce new extra paid services

After what it called a detailed review of its business and in an effort to ensure it best serves its markets, Aer Lingus said it is planning to introduce new additional paid services.
To enhance revenue, it said it would 'unbundle' paid product options for passengers, offering low fares for the majority with additional premium 'enhancements' on demand, such as pre-booked seat numbers.

Sadly(for some), Aerlingus turned into Ryanair a long time ago. They will go bang in only a short amount of time unless they address their serious problems and they must look at either merging or partnering up with another carrier or creating large european bases and targeting the "low fare" market.

No I wouldnt count Aer Arran into the merger/partnership idea but they are going to pay Aerlingus to use the brand name on the routes which would open that market up to overseas customers I would imagine, bringing in some more revenue.

Just back from Canaries - flew Aer Lingus Dub to Gatwick, then on with Thomson Holidays. AL flight great, comfortable - Thomson flight like sardines - knee sandwich all the way. I pity tall people on these flights, not fat people - they can just go and lose a few ton - but I'm average height and found not enough leg room - for a 4 hour flight! Aer Lingus and Ryanair are a gazillion times better! :)

Back