Aer Lingus Travel Vouchers

lukeskywalker

I am due to fly to Dubrovnik in two and a half weeks time. Flight has not yet been cancelled by Aer Lingus but seems highly unlikely it will take place. They are offering travel vouchers instead, can't identify any expiratory date. I have to either re-book or take vouchers in next 24 hours. Should I take vouchers or hold out for (almost inevitable) cancellation?

I am due to fly to Dubrovnik in two and a half weeks time. Flight has not yet been cancelled by Aer Lingus but seems highly unlikely it will take place. They are offering travel vouchers instead, can't identify any expiratory date. I have to either re-book or take vouchers in next 24 hours. Should I take vouchers or hold out for (almost inevitable) cancellation?
I think you should hold out. The offers of rescheduling is an attempt to minimise cash refunds. When they cancel the flight, they will offer the refund. EU regs here https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm#cancellation

The vouchers are valid for 5 years from date of issue. The t&cs are on the page where you enter your voucher request details. As an incentive, Aer Lingus are offering an extra 10% on the voucher value.

The vouchers are valid for 5 years from date of issue. The t&cs are on the page where you enter your voucher request details. As an incentive, Aer Lingus are offering an extra 10% on the voucher value.

They are offering 20% on top of your original cost of booking.

EI flights are still operating to European cities.
They are hoping people opt for the rebooking, or voucher.

When they cancel the flight, they will offer the refund.
They have not offered a refund, only a voucher. How does one claim an actual monetary refund on a cancelled flight with AL? All their disruption links and web pages are voucher only, as far as I can find.

Does anybody know if the vouchers that are being sent to the lead guest only be transferrable? My friend booked a holiday for 4 people and we all cannot go on holiday at the next suggested time so can the voucher she receives be handed to the next guest to use once she has used her portion I wonder?

Is there anyone getting an actual refund?
I could take an action against EI, to get my refund,
but I dont have the time or energy.

Did anyone receive a voucher yet? I agreed to accepting one, and got a reply 10 days ago, but no voucher yet.

This is an email I got yesterday for a flight at the end of this month

2. Apply for a voucher
We’ll send you a voucher for the full value of your flight, plus an extra 10%. So if your flight cost €200, we’ll send you a €220 voucher. Applying for a voucher is really simple – follow these steps. If you’ve already applied for a voucher, you don’t need to do anything further. Terms and Conditions apply.
We ask that you bear with us – it may take up to four weeks for us to get you your voucher. Your patience is really appreciated.

Had flights with Aer Lingus to New York on Monday which they haven’t cancelled - just kept changing the flight time.

Read the T&Cs and they say that if the time of the flight is changed by more than 2hrs you are entitled to a refund. As both our outward and return had changed by more than 2 hours, they gave us the refund.

How did get it so fast?! Did you have to claim the refund? I submitted my claim two weeks ago and still nothing.

Back