Aer Lingus surcharge only applies for Irish tickets?

mell61

I had a quick scan through past posting and haven't seen this issues raised before.
I'm currently checking out options to fly to the US in Jan, and trying different combinations of flights as we hope to fly to Orlando and return from NY.... One of the options I was considering was a 1 way return NY to dublin, and I noticed that this doesn't pull in the fuel surcharge, checking a return ticket I note that tickets originating from the US don't get hit either direction! Looking at a couple of the Euro routes to NY, ie LHR via dublin, they are also hit for the fuel surcharge.
Anyone know why Aer Lingus feel the need to put this charge onto Euro customers but not onto US ones? Reading through the info on the site it looks like they 'should' be hit ($46 each way), but the couple of dates I tried didn't include it.

Ok, i'm having a blonde day! Went back to Aer Lingus site and noticed that the information on the flight says that the fuel surcharge is included in the fare quoted, whereas for flight originating from Euro zone to US the cost is not included, its added on later!

On a bit of a different note but roughly the same it's cheaper to book a return flight to the states with Aer Lingus by booking each trip one way as the return trip from the states is in dollars and is generally a lot cheaper.
My brother saved €150 recently by doing this.

I noticed that too.
On a recent trip to canada and new york. Was going to go from Shannon to New york return and head up to toronto on a cheap flight.

Instead (after noticing that Aer lingus only rips off its own people. Americans refuse to pay fuel surcharges , that's why air lingus make us pay for them). anyway, instead I went to Toronto from Shannon with globespan one way, flew down to new york on a 100 dollar flight and then returned to ireland a week later on an aer lingus flight to shannon one way. No fuel surcharge when booking from the USA to Ireland. You pay a fuel surcharge going and retuning if you book from Ireland.

Irish people are so subserviant to people that have the gaul to try take advantage of them.

The fuel surcharge is built into the quoted price on the US website. A statement appears on screen stating this.
On the Irish site the initial quote does not include the charge. A statment to this effect appears also.

The cheaper price indicated that it wasn't built in. maybe they've increased the us ticket price to equal the irish ticket price since.