Aer Lingus Schedule Change on Confirmed Flight

phanover

I made a booking on the Aer Lingus website on 15 July for my wife and I. The flight was for Cork-Prague-Cork from Oct 31 to Nov 3. On getting a confirmation email I booked a hotel in Prague online for those dates. Today I received an email from them announcing that the flight on Nov 03 had been cancelled due to schedule changes. I was presented with the following options:
a)A reroute to Dublin from Prague either on or either side of my original date
b)An alternative flight to Cork or Dublin from another destination either on or either side of my original date
c)A refund
[FONT=&quot]Option A will only get us to Dublin at 22:10 on the 3rd Nov with no means of transport to Cork at that hour. Option B is not of any use either unless it starts in Prague and ends in Cork otherwise we're paying the difference and option C cancellation is not an option as the hotel booking is non-refundable.

I spoke to customer service person this morning and they're refusing to budge. They said to send a complaint letter to the customer service department which I did. I would have thought that they're obligated to get me to my destination (city not country!) by whatever means necessary. Can I push to be put on another carrier even if it means a connection? I could live with that.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Anyone have a similar experience that got a good result or give me advice on what my rights are here?[/FONT]

At least they did inform you of the change. Had similar problem with an AE flight to Bristol and only found out when I arrived at Dublin airport that they no longer flew to Bristol. Ended up taking a last minute Ryanair flight at enormous expense. Tried complaining but ended up more stressed than ever so eventually gave up. Since then I only fly with AE if there is no other alternative. Their customer service is sadly lacking and if I were you I’d take the refund and make alternative arrangements. Have you checked out Ryanair flights from Dublin to Prague?

Back