Aer Lingus sale (Taxes & Charges)

Westie123

Hello,

I was just looking at the Aer Lingus web site where there is a sale until 21th Jan. The web page states that the fares include taxes & charges. However, when I go through the booking procedure there are additional taxes & charges added on at the end! Am I overlooking something here? Would someone kindly log on to Aer Lingus and select Ireland as the country and see if I am missing something here as regards the taxes and charges (which the web page seems to suggest are included in the fare advertised)

Thanks.

Hello,

I was just looking at the Aer Lingus web site where there is a sale until 21th Jan. The web page states that the fares include taxes & charges. However, when I go through the booking procedure there are additional taxes & charges added on at the end! Am I overlooking something here?

Yes - the fares quoted in the adverts include taxes & charges. These are not the same as the "bottom line" fares you see when you log in. For example take a flight to XX advertised on a newspaper at €50 including taxes & charges. When you log in, you will see the flight fare at say, €10. When you progress on to book the flight, the taxes & charges will be added.

I have already booked a number of flights with Ryanair this year and I am very satisfied with the prices that I have paid. I often compare destinations or similar destinations with Aer Lingus and I have to say that Aer Lingus prices are still very expensive even in their sales compared to Ryanair.
Having said that I have also looked at the Ryanair Hotels and Hertz car hire offers and cannot get over the "add ons" to the daily price of a hotel room and daily price of a car rental. Much better to use the hotel discounters or car hire discounters.

How they can exempt the fuel surcharge (€50 e/w to the US for example) from their taxes and charges is beyond me.

How they can exempt the fuel surcharge (€50 e/w to the US for example) from their taxes and charges is beyond me.

How they can have a fuel surcharge in the first place is beyond me!!! They should just incresase the fares but that doesn't look good in the marketing campaign!

I have already booked a number of flights with Ryanair this year and I am very satisfied with the prices that I have paid. I often compare destinations or similar destinations with Aer Lingus and I have to say that Aer Lingus prices are still very expensive even in their sales compared to Ryanair.

You are right about the prices but I for one would always favour Aer Lingus as I believe the service is superior. That is worth a price premium.

You are right about the prices but I for one would always favour Aer Lingus as I believe the service is superior. That is worth a price premium.

I travelled a number of times with Ryanair last year and twice with Aer Lingus. There was no difference in service except that I could pre book a seat with Aer Lingus and avoided the rush.

I travelled a number of times with Ryanair last year and twice with Aer Lingus. There was no difference in service except that I could pre book a seat with Aer Lingus and avoided the rush.

I would disagree.

Better check in procedures if you have bags...Aer Lingus is straightforward, Ryanair always seems to involve ludicrous queues all around the airport with one person working at the desk.
Reserved seating is a massive thing...worth a good few quid in my book.
The leather seats are more comfortable on AL.
The general embittered attitude of Ryanair staff from check-in right to disembarking turns me off.

"Prices include taxes and charges" does not appear in the column for UK reservations:(. Perhaps that's confusing the OP.

Cheers

I would disagree.

Better check in procedures if you have bags...Aer Lingus is straightforward, Ryanair always seems to involve ludicrous queues all around the airport with one person working at the desk.
Reserved seating is a massive thing...worth a good few quid in my book.
The leather seats are more comfortable on AL.
The general embittered attitude of Ryanair staff from check-in right to disembarking turns me off.

It's different strokes for different folks. I have never had a problem with Ryanair. You get very good value for what you pay. I prefer to have the extra cash for my holiday & personally I find Aer Lingus one of the worst airlines in the world. I would travel with just about any other airline in preference. Anyway all Ryanair flights are short hops so what's the big deal about seating ?

What happened?I agree AL's long haul product is pathetic...they are so far behind the times it's laughable but I've had no issues on short haul (unless you count them always running out of breakfasts by the time they reach me in the emergency rows!!!) I find that pretty upsetting

OK - I was referring to long haul which was awful with them especially compared to BA.

Back