Aer Lingus - problem entering advance information on their website

S

susier

We've booked 2 tickets to Malaga in June 2010 (flying from Gatwick).

The tickets were booked by phone with Airmiles as we have points to use. Aer Lingus offered the best deal on flights for the dates we wanted and e-mailed the link, containing our tickets, as soon as the booking had been made.

I went to the Aer Lingus site to enter our advance passenger booking details needed for Spain (passport no. etc.) but keep getting a repeated error message when trying to input our booking ref. details.

I've tried calling Aer Lingus repeatedly to see why the booking ref. info we have isn't being accepted. I have now spent a lot of time (calls are 10p a minute) waiting for an operator to pick up, without success. It's now getting frustrating and bugging me that I'm missing something obvious. (Airmiles have been helpful and have even tried to do the advanced booking on our behalf - without success).

Has anyone else had this problem? - could it be because I've booked via Airmiles and not directly with Aer Lingus that's causing the error message when trying to enter my advanced booking ref info online with Aer Lingus?

Any helpful feedback, at all, would be so much appreciated.

could it be because I've booked via Airmiles and not directly with Aer Lingus that's causing the error message when trying to enter my advanced booking ref info online with Aer Lingus?

This would seem to be the issue. If you look on the Aer Lingus website, on the page titled "Manage Your Booking" where you select what you want to do, it states at the bottom
Only bookings made through www.aerlingus.com can be managed through Manage Booking.

I have just travelled to spain with AL. We were only asked for details of passport when we printed our boarding card.You will need to give start date,expiry date and number of all passports on booking.

Thank you!

Both pieces of advice are very much appreciated - thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Susie

Advance information

Hi, have booked flights to Lanzarote in couple weeks but don't remember being asked to suppy advance info. Have had to supply advance info with Ryanair to Spain. Am I missing something??

Back