Aer Lingus prices to Canaries

eamonn

Will Aer Lingus ticket prices to the Canaries come down between now January. At the moment all 3 destinations (Gran Canaria, Lanzarote & Tenerife) are 100 Euro one way excluding taxes from Dublin for travel in January.

Unlikely, as they fill up quickly this time of year. If your preferred date is available - take it!

Yep ...given it's fairly high season and especially with high fuel prices ... €100 o/w is a good deal I'd say ... if it's on the days you want I'd go for it - unlikely to get cheaper closer to the date and even if it were to get a bit cheaper it would be maybe €79 instead of €99 .. I doubt you'll find it for €9 o/w or anything like that.

(on a side note it shows you how much our expectatations of air fares have changed over the last few years that we regard €100 for a 4 hr flight as expensive now)

I was checking this last year
The flights wont go down directly from aerlingus but the holidays probably will. Usually prices up to new years are sky high but once you get into january proper you can pick up good bargains
I have booked holidays the last couple of years usually about a week before and have got holidays for somewhere inthe 2-300 mark though I have seen them go lower
last year i got flight only for I think it was either 120 or 160 then had to add in the service charges on top
good sites to use to check are

www.holiday-special.com
this doesnt cover budget travel though
www.budgettravel.ie

also if you knwo where you are flying to and roughly what date check the pages of the companies directly many have a charter flight last minute search
http://www.holidaysonline.ie/