Aer Lingus -Hotel Room Sale.

Grizzly

Aer lingus have a "price match guarantee" on their Aer Lingus Hotels wherby they will match the price of a hotel room if you find one cheaper. This week I got an email to say that they had a further 10% off.
As I am heading away in September I thought I might avail of one of their hotels at this new 10% off rate. Within a couple of minutes I had found two websites offering the same hotel as I had chosen with Aer Lingus at a cheaper price and these sites had no "special" sale on. Just their normal prices. When I rang Aer Lingus it was suggested to me that I should take the cheaper option as Aer Lingus are only allocated a number of rooms in each hotel and they might not be able to get me a room at the same price. They said they would try to get me a room but this could take up to 48 hours to confirm and they couldn't "guarantee" it. So much for "price match guarantee".

Yes, but did you check if tax & charges are included ? I've done a lot of searching for hotel rooms recently & some look really good until you go further into the booking process & find there about another €50 in charges to be added on !
I was very happy with their sale as I got €30 off a hotel I was going to book anyway & I searched loads of websites & they were definitely more expensive.

Just shows it pays to do your searching...

If they guarantee though it should mean exactly that. Can it be checked out with some consumer organisation ?

Yup. www.hotelsrus.com and [broken link removed] I have used HotelClub in the past without any problems but I have never used hotelsrus. Everything was included with hotel club including a further discount if you register as a club member and accumulate $ points.