Aer Lingus Gold Circle

Happy_Harry

Does anyone know whether they still have this ? I fly reasonably frequently with them and always get my frequent flyer number on the booking. However after logging on to their site, it is not possible to actually see how many miles/points you have. Since 2 years you get a message that the function is currently unavailable or so. I have mailed them twice about it, never got a reply, and didn't really think about it, until last week I checked in on JFK and the lady gave me a pass to the lounge as I was supposedly gold circle member. I didn't protest, but I am just curious to find out if I am a GC member, so I can start using the lounge in Dublin more often. Does the website work for anybody in terms of seeing their points accrued ?

Likewise I always quote my number on bookings. Up to about two years I got a couple of statements every year from them but nothing recently.

As far as I know the Gold Circle options have been removed from short haul flights as they have only economy seating now.

To avail of the Gold circle benifits, using their GC lounge and upgrades etc..this can only be done on Long haul and some partner Airlines. (thgis list is much smaller now since they pulled out of the one world group)

if you go on to Aerlingus.com theres a specific services and Freq Flyer tab on the top. In here it explains all options. Has a login to view your points etc..and Direct contact details for the Gold Cirlce Dept. Could be better than just emailing AerLingus (if thats who you emailed)

Happy Harry,

The Login/Join tab at the far right of the top of the home pags should lead you into the section that details your gold circle membership, points etc.

If you need to get a pin/password, just follow the 'Get a new Pin/Password' on the Members Login page

have only started to put the membership number on my flight details again recently (had lost all faith in Aer Lingus after they dismantled their old gold circle club membership) .... now at 1600, only need another poxy 8 flights to London to get gold circle membership again and lounge access (which would be useful as I tend to end up in Heathrow airport at least 1 per month waiting on a delayed flight)

OK, I have my login and my PIN and I have logged in on many occasions and this what I get when querying the balance, I obviously have removed the personal details, but they do display correctly

Name:
Email:
Gold Circle Number:
Level: Gold Circle Applicant Balance: Your Gold Circle balance is not currently available

Can you guys see your balance ?

I recently joined and got that message.

then I took a flight and the points came up and they were wrong. When I mailed AL about this I got a reply back ina matter of hours and the points were corrected.

Poor compared to other airline programs - but for what it claims to do, I find that it works fine. You get points for all flights except the 'sale' fares. Email them with your # and query. I find them fairly good to respond.

Back