Aer Lingus - Gate query

Daddy

Hi,

Do Aer Lingus close their gates 30 mins before flights ?

Leaving someone get a train and catch a taxi to arrive at Cork Airport 50 mins before flight.

This passenger will have checked in online - just hand luggage.

I know it's cutting things fine but once this passenger can get through security and Cork is'nt too busy usually.

Thanks

No they don't. The gate close time they give is usually the time the gate opens. That said I'd try to be there within 5 or 10 minutes of the gate close time they give.

Thanks flight time is 10.50 a.m. Can anyone recommend the cheapest taxi I gather it takes 20 mins from train station to airport.

No problem with time in my view ... if your flight is at 10:50 then the aircraft to operate it will only be due into Cork around 10.10 ... so at best they'll be starting boarding around 10.30 so you'd want to be at the gate not that long after that.

The gate close time is usually a work of fiction .. the main exception I find to this where you sometimes need to be careful is on early morning flights where it's the first flight of the day for the aircraft so they often try to get it boarded up and away early (and security can be busier at that time of the day as well)

Back