Aer Lingus Flights Sale - can't find reductions?

coolaboola

I'm planning on booking flights to Berlin for December.

I've been watching prices and Aer Lingus have advertised a half-price flights to Europe sale. Berlin is one of the destinations advertised and the required travel dates match my planned travel dates.

However, when I go to book the prices have not reduced (and tot up to a hefty €222 per person). Why so? None of the price for the week either side of my chosen dates seem to have changed either.

How do I avail of the half-price flights? The T&Cs don't state that its selected flights.

I'm planning on booking flights to Berlin for December.

I've been watching prices and Aer Lingus have advertised a half-price flights to Europe sale. Berlin is one of the destinations advertised and the required travel dates match my planned travel dates.

However, when I go to book the prices have not reduced (and tot up to a hefty €222 per person). Why so? None of the price for the week either side of my chosen dates seem to have changed either.

How do I avail of the half-price flights? The T&Cs don't state that its selected flights.

From what I seem before they abuse the word up to which could mean anything ie 5%, 10% etc. Sometimes it could be 50% outwards and 10% on return leg The flight that It could be on maybe the last flight leaving ireland that day.

I have lost faith in Aerlingus advertising with their small words such as from/ up to etc

Hi papervalue, I saw that 'up to' too (snarly small print) but the prices haven't changed one cent on any of the flights (there's only one per day) for a week either side on either the outbound or return journeys. Which smacks of false advertising to me! I even deleted my cookies to see if my previous searches were being stored but no joy.

The half price is off the cheapest fair. So if the price started at €20 (booking 12 months in advance , on a tuesday , at night) then the reduction will be €10. Even if you are booking a €200 peak time flight only a month in advance.

But if the reduction is off the cheapest fare, surely one of the fares a week either side of my travel dates would have changed (there's only one flight per day so it's easy to see changes)... 12 months in advance doesn't apply - the offer is for flights booked before 5 Nov with travel dates between December 2009 and March 2010.

I have just spent 20 minutes going through various options on various flights to various destinations as I do most days and I can assure you that any savings are not worth the hassle. I find that this is generally always the case with an Aer Lingus sale.
If you click on their sale advert you will see that Berlin is not included.
Unfortunately Ryanair are not much better for Berlin for December.

i just booked flights for two adults last wed and i got 25% off my flights. booked at 150pp including taxes. their sale was supposed to end 2 days later though. best of luck

If you have a problem, print off all the details of the offer and the email booking, then send off to the "Advetising Standards Authority" for Investigation

plenty of flights for the 1st week of december with ryanair, 75e including taxes and cc charge return per person

i just booked flights for two adults last wed and i got 25% off my flights. booked at 150pp including taxes. their sale was supposed to end 2 days later though. best of luck

€150 per person seems very high? I would have expected that price would have been for two people inclusive. You say that this was in a sale?

Back