Aer Lingus flights cancelled and where is our refund ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palerider

We were due to travel March 30th to the States returning mid April.

Aer Lingus cancelled the flights, confirmed by email.

We have mailed requesting a cash refund in line with the policies in place.

We are getting no where in fact their auto reply e mail concluded with a please don’t contact us again because we are very busy and we’ll get to you when we get to you...

I wanted to start this thread to give people a forum to share experiences with Aer Lingus once AL had cancelled flights and customers are at that point then automatically entitled to a cash refund....

Have you got yours...

What was your customer experience like...

Any other observations....

There is already two threads on this subject. Aer Lingus have an excellent track record in customer service.

https://askaboutmoney.com/threads/aer-lingus-travel-vouchers.216645/page-2#post-1655780 is the other thread mentioned above FYI.

For reference, I have submitted a AL refund claim on 25th March, have heard nothing as yet.

There's loads of other threads on this site about profiting from this virus or handling personal impact (I've seen a huge increase in ETF threads, stock threads, Debenhams orders, Degiro account opening and even the previously banned house prices! etc). Hence attacking this poster for asking a simple question is very unfair IMO. Every question/thread is Corona virus tainted, if we can't ask anything then shut the site until lockdown is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back