Aer Lingus - Dublin/Orlando Direct

Edel V

I know that the new direct route to Orlando has recently been launched and was just wondering has anyone flown it yet. Am looking to book for 2008 and would love some feedback on the meals, entertainment etc onboard.

Edel

Chicken or beef, flickering TV screen every 10 rows -
Or pehaps if your lucky it will be one their new aircraft with Video on Demand but they tend to use these aircraft on long haul routes to LAX and SFO. However, Orlando is considered a charter flight by Aer Lingus so their offering is cheap and not so cheerfull.

Took this flight 2 years ago, not so cheap and cheerful. Roughly same price as other airlines. We fly with Continental now via Newark and when our plane lands in Orlando the AL plane comes in about 30 mins after ours. We have yet to find fault with Continental great airline + you get to stretch your legs in Newark.

biggest problem with aer lingus is the schedule, you are restricted to 3 days a week in and out. We fly in with aer lingus on saturdays and out with continential via newark on sundays to make the stay longer.

Am travelling with 2 small children so was thinking that the benefits of a direct flight would outweigh the cheap and not so cheerful aspects of flying with Aer Lingus. Don't mind the 3 day a week aspect as it means we can stay for 16 nights (fly in on a Thur and out on a Sat) Is it really that bad, or am I fooling myself ?

Edel

Edel its great that you are able to fly out on a thursday and still have a 16 nights stay but i suppose most people dont have that luxory in terms of time off which is why the aer lingus schedule dosnt really help trip planning as most stays are two weeks.

Back