Aer Lingus Christmas Holidays Prices

papervalue

I would fly both Ryanair and Aerlingus.

I have been watching Aerlingus prices for a while.

I dont think I have ever seem them as high as their are quoting for over this Christmas period.

I would normally head away to some where in Europe for 3 to 4 days around 27/28 December. Looks like I will be spending full holiday period in Ireland

I just cant see Aer lingus filling planes with some of the prices being quoted now.

I think Aer lingus have passed the point on some routes where any one thinking of going away would pay the fare they are looking for.

Half tempted to use Bus/boat to Europe- Longer way to go but a lot cheaper.

I would expect in downturn for Aerlingus prices to come down. If anything they are getting more costly.

I would hope against hope that aer lingus would do a proper sale this week to cover this period. Better to charge fair price and have full plane.

I looked at bringing my two sons to a football match over Christmas in the UK, preferably on a day return, but, experienced the same high fares as you. The boat is definitely cheaper if you have the time. It will be a shame if Aer Lingus become part of Ryanair, but, it looks on the cards. I think the Euro fares are being used to subsidise the loss making transatlantic routes.

Their 12 days of Christmas Sale is a bit of a joke. I have been tracking the prices for a few destinations and the "free" flight sale was a "free" flight before the current sale anyhow so no change there.

They have a new 20% off Summer Sale starting today. For next May the taxes on the outgoing flight to Brussels before the sale were €35.97, now during the sale the taxes have gone up to €38.31 a €2.34 price increase. However the 20% sale "saving" on the flight cost is only €2.
So you are actually paying more for your flight during the sale than you were before the sale.

Back