Aer Lingus baggage charges confusing

onekeano

Was trying to book a flight to Lanzerote with AL but found it quite confusing. Under the heading Checked Bagge the wesbite states

"Economy / Low Fare - Checked bags weighing up to 20kgs will be charged at a discount fee starting from EUR 12 or equivalent per bag per flight if bags are booked up to two hours prior to departure on aerlingus.com. A standard fee of EUR18 or equivalent will be charged at the airport on day of departure. This per bag fee will apply on all routes except Transatlantic. "

however when I click on the drop down box during the payment procedure it quotes €30 (per bag, per flight) ie. €120 for 2 bags.

Tried ringing their number but can't get to talk to a person.

Any advice would be appreiciated.

Roy

Are you booking a return flight or a one way - A fee of €15 per bag each way/one way would apply if you book the bags up to 2 hours prior to departure.... therefor a charge of €30 per checked in bag per person will apply if booking a return flight.

Have a read of the terms and conditions - the cheaper bag rate is only applicable on certain routes!!!!!! big scam as I too found out today!

As a female I think for the first time, I will travel light and only have the one bag for the two of us!

Herself and I take 3 or 4 return flights a year. We found it worth the money to buy one larger bag, which we share.

In one sense, Herself is the winner, because I pretend to be a gentleman and I deal with the bag; in another way, I win, because my stuff takes more space than hers.

Can I ask about the "larger bag" is the allowance enough? 20Kgs sounds very little for 2 people for a week - or do I just take far to much stuff??