Aer Coach Travel Time

hm2605

Has anyone used the Aer Coach from Cork to Dublin Airport. Have a 4pm flight to NY and was going to take the 8am Coach from Cork City. Would this get us to Dub Airport for 12ish?

It will be on the Oct Bank hol Monday so traffic will be lighter but still wouldn't like to be pushing it time wise. Thanks, H.

Don't forget Bank Holiday Monday is also the day for the Dublin City Marathon.
I don't know if the Aircoach uses the M50 - I presume it does, but traffic should be heavier than normal on the M50 due to the many road closures throughout Dublin. Still, I can't imagine huge delays unless the Aircoach goes thro' the city.

why do you want to be at the airport 4 hours before the flight? the least time spent in dublin airport the better i find.

You could fly from Cork to Dublin with Aer Arann or Ryanair or you could
have flown to NY from Shannon which is much closer to you and with a lot less hassle from what I hear.

dereko1969 - Don't particularly want to be there 4 hours before hand but I seen a pervious post about queue's at the airport and with leaving Cork at 8am wanted to get food etc without any panic.

lasno - Could have gone from Shannon but there is 6 of us going, meeting 2 in Dub airport.

I forgot the marathon was on, As far as I know you've to change coaches in Westmoreland street. Could work out a hassle. I just wanted to know if anyone had experience of using this coach before, est time etc.

If you're not going to New York for long, would you consider long term parking? Quick Park is good. I've used both Quick Park and the airport's own parking a numerous occasions - hassle free (as long as you remember where you parked - I had the joy of searching on my own for my car at 12.30am one night. Eeek!) It would save you the hassle of changing buses in town. Just a thought...

I forgot the marathon was on, As far as I know you've to change coaches in Westmoreland street. Could work out a hassle. I just wanted to know if anyone had experience of using this coach before, est time etc.
The Marathon starts in Baggot St or Nassau St (the marathon site says both??) and passes down Westmoreland St. However Westmoreland St should be open well before you arrive. There will be restrictions along Pearse St and College Green - marathon route - but road, on Trinity side, will be restricted with one lane coned off for the marathon. The winner should be in by 11.15, with the main pack coming through between 12.00 and 14.00.
It shouldn't cause you too much hassle - unless "something else" happens, as long as you're not going through the main route. The only area where you're likely to encounter problems really are Kilmainham & Inchicore.

From Marathon site:
Traffic travelling the N7 is advised to use the M50/N4 to access the city centre instead as there are severe traffic restrictions in the Inchicore area and at Dolphins Barn from 9:00am to 12:30pm.

Course Map: [broken link removed]

Thanks for that Marathon Man.

I know what you mean about Quickpark LouisLaLoope It can be great fun LOL. I was trying not to drive up as I didn't want to face the drive on the way back. As we are arriving back into Dub at 9am, after an overnight flight a drive to Cork wouldn't be much fun :(

Back