Aer Arann - poor customer service

HappyBudda

I recently booked flights for my partner and child on aer arann website from manchester to galway - one way.
On the day previous to booking them they were €35.99 each totalling to €102 in all. I checked with my partner that times were ok. Following day i went to book them and they were now €59.99 each, totalling €151.
I relunctantly booked them. Just by chance i went back to website an hour later and they were back to being €35.99 again, and stayed constant at that price up to day of flight.
This didn't agree with me to say the least so i rang aer arann.
A girl answered and told me that the price should be €35.99 but that she could not refund me the difference, that i would have to call customer service number. She did agree that i was right to be p**sed off.
Anyway, 15 days later and no reply from customer serevice to message left.
I know it is only €50 but as a regular flyer with them i would at least have thought they would have the decency to call me back to discuss website price fluctuations. Have i stumbled on a price scam??
Any advice? Am i entitled to some recompense?

Doubtful, there would only be a certain number of seats at a given price on any one flight. It seems likely that someone with a cheaper booking either changed dates or cancelled so freeing up the cheaper fare class.

You may have been unlucky but i would not attribute it to being a 'scam' nor do i see how you are entitled to recompense.

Flights change prices both up and down on a daily basis. Tis the nature of the beast. Not a lot you can do about it.

A lady from customer care rang me yesterday explaining the 'nature of the beast'.
So at least i got a call.

Back