Aer Arann Flight Cancelled

Niall M

Aer arann flight from cork to dublin was cancelled on saturday morning. They provided buses to dublin, however i went and got the train. Am I due a refund as flight was cancelled or will they say they provided alternative arrangements? Thanks

Cancelled flights

Your rights in the event of a flight cancellation depend on when you are informed of the cancellation. If a flight is cancelled without prior warning, the airline must offer passengers the choice between:
  • Reimbursement of the full cost of the ticket for the parts of the journey not made, and
  • Re-routing under comparable transport conditions to their final destination at the earliest opportunity. Re-routing may also be at a later date at the passenger's convenience, subject to the availability of seats.
flight was cancelled without prior notice, so we should have gotten the choice if I read correctly? thanks clubman.

The GF and I were getting a flight from Dublin to Galway before Christmas and because of the bad weather it was cancelled. We were looking up aertel in the hotel before we left to see if the flight was going or not. All other aer arann flights were cancelled but our's was not up before we left. We contacted Dublin Airport and they gave us the Aer arann number but there was no answer. We also tried Galway airport but again no answer. In the end we got the train down to Galway.
About half an hour before the flight was due to leave we got a text msg to say the flight was cancelled. We were nearly home by then. The GF e-mailed them the next day to say we had to be in Galway early that evening and they gave us our money back. No Problems. Try e-mailing them and see what they say. Our flight was leaving around 7 in the evening. They had a bus to bring us back to Galway but I was damned if I was going to be 4 hours on a bus to Galway in bad weather and all the traffic on a Sunday evening!!!

Booked a flight about two years ago from Galway to Dublin to get a connecting flight on to Gran Canaria - there was frost on the runway and they cancelled the flight and started to insist that we get a bus to the airport, I advised that we had about three and a half hours to get our connecting flight, they put us in a taxi and we made the flight as they rang ahead to Dublin Airport to advise that we were late.

Had to share the taxi with a French guy who had an hour and a half before his connecting flight was leaving - he really was being ambitous trying to make his flight

Back