Aer Arann excellent service

tina27a

I've just come back from a daytrip flying from Cork to Dublin with Aer Arann and i just felt they were so nice to travel with i had to post here.

I only booked 3 wks ago after Ryanair so nicely cancelled our return flight from 6pm to 1.15pm (must add they were still selling the 6pm flight up to last night???)
Anyway we're all so quick to write up when we get bad service so just thought i'd post this.
On the way from Cork to Dublin we were offered FREE tea,coffee or water and a FREE newspaper and on the way back we were also offered FREE tea,coffee or water and also a FREE newspaper.
And all this for €28 cheaper than Ryanair!!!!!!
Maybe Mr O Leary should have a look at this little bit of customer care.

If only Aer Arann flew to Europe it would be a great airline.I'll certainly be booking with then in future.

I have only good things to say about Aer Arann.

I was flying cork to dublin return last month. I arrived in dublin airport for the return flight a few hours too early. I went to customer services to ask if there was any chance of being put on the earlier flight - They sorted it in 2 minutes , no hassle, no need to queue to check in again and NO CHARGE.

I was delighted with their service.

The missus and I were in Cardiff for a weekend recently and flew with Aer Arann - no complaints at all - once we got used to the size of the plane !! Used online check-in going out for first time and very handy (we had hand luggage only) Arrived at Quickpark just over an hour before departure, airport bus waiting - 10 mins later we were through security and sitting down having a cuppa in departures. Of course this is not all down to AA but I have to say smoothest departure ever. What is it when you have your seat allocated it just takes the pressure off ? - no rushing, no queue jumping, no fretting, no tuts of sighs or elbows or looking on in envy at the priority queue. Just so calm !! Also no long walk out to the cattle mart in the prefab (Ryanair departure area).
Now the plane was small - maybe 70 seater and it was a bit noisy. No complimentary refreshments but a free indo alright.
Coming back, after an afternoon in Ikea we had bought enough bits and pieces to fill a new suitcase bought in Cardiff but no problem at check in and no charge. Again, a complimentary Sunday Business Post on the way back. Overall, great service and look forward to using them again.
I know we are always complaining about and comparing to Ryanair but I have to say that I use RA several times a year to UK and never had a problem - the occasional delay alright but nothing major.
The most annoying thing for me about RA is the changes to flight times.
But that's a story for another thread and I dont want to go off the opening post - Viva Aer Arann !!

Great to see such compliments for Aer Arann. I must bring this to my nephews attention - he's a pilot with them.

Bluetonic

I know they fly to Europe but it's mainly the UK and a couple of french airports.I suppose i mean to a lot more countries in Europe .

It's just a pity they're SO expensive! I've just priced them to Manchester & they're at least 3 times the price of BMi Baby to Manchester.....

It's just a pity they're SO expensive! I've just priced them to Manchester & they're at least 3 times the price of BMi Baby to Manchester.....

Dont agree. Flew AA to Manchester at the weekend from Galway and they were cheaper by €40 on the BMI fare alone from Knock to Manchester. BMI are adopting the RA model by having baggage/check fees as well.

Plane a bit nosier alright but cruised right into Galway.

now if only they did not charge to change bookings, have booked knock - Dublin but cant go on 7.15 flight(the only one they do) but can go from Galway later Cost of tickets was €25 each and that is what it would cost to change the destination from reading their web site.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't they or any other airline charge for alterations to bookings!?!

Why shouldn't they or any other airline charge for alterations to bookings!?!

Indeed.
This particular case sounds like a whole new booking.
One of the previous posters has reported being put on an earlier flight for free, and I've had that experience myself more than once. I was also put onto a Dub-Knock flight without extra charge when I missed the last Galway flight due to a late connecting flight.

I have to agree that Aer Arann offers an excellent service.

I was using them quite a lot last year for work. Flights were generally on time and, if there was a delay, they texted me well in advance (before I had left for the airport) offering to change me to an earlier or later flight for free.

I loved flying with them several times to Brittany. Punctual, helpful, friendly, on time, no complaints at all! Got some good prices by booking early too and flew from Waterford Airport which was like heaven compared to Dublin Airport and what cheap car parking! I think it was 5 euro for a week!!

I Totally agree with the positive sentiments. I use the Waterford Lorient service regularly and cant praise it enough. Perplexed I think I know your nephew

Forgot to mention earlier alright about the convenience of flying from a regional airport. I recently brought some relatives to Sligo Airport to get an Aer Arann flight to Manchester. Sligo Aiport consists of about 4 rooms - bar, toilets, and arrivals / departures. It's great - people were still checking in after the plane touched down. Talk about stress free !!

I Totally agree with the positive sentiments. I use the Waterford Lorient service regularly and cant praise it enough. Perplexed I think I know your nephew

Interesting ......what would give you that impression ?