Adviser/info on public sector pensions

Orga

Hi

I would be grateful if anyone has experience of an independent adviser on public sector pensions. I have a pension with two public sector bodies and need to decide:

1. if I should transfer all service to my current employer - public sector - what considerations should I have?
2. if I transfer service to my current employer then I would be eligible for retirement aged 56 but with a slightly reduced pension - any way to maximise this?
3. if I leave service with previous employer then the current employer would allow me to purchase the "shortfall" of service that I would have with them to allow me to retire at age 56 - could this be a vehicle to increase the shortfall referred to in point 2?
4. anyone with experience of an adviser?

Thank you in advance.

You will quite honestly get very good information here on AAM. There are some very knowledgeable posters when it comes to PS pensions and if you give enough details you will most likely get excellent advice. Best of all, no one is trying to sell you a product.

Use the money makeover template here so we have a wider view of your circumstances. Also try and answer the question in bold.

1. if I should transfer all service to my current employer - public sector - what considerations should I have? For the former, were you a pre- or post-1995 entrant? If the latter, are you a post-2013 entrant? Are/were you a standard public servant or in a semi-state?

Back