Advice on where to go for weekend away

C

cork_lad

hows it goin?would anyone have any advice on where the best place to go for a weekend away would be? Its my girlfriends 21st in feb and I want to surprise her..obviously being a student the cash situation aint great but its not bad.i was thinking prague?

prague is a beautiful city v cold in winter. but if u dont mind then u would enjoy. i like florence beautifull city for weekend especially winter not too packed. but hotels not great if ur on a budget. also Madrid is beautiful but stay away from tacky tapas bars

would ryanair be the best option for flights?Heard london and paris are great too..

check web sitea aerlingus for madrid. paris a beautiful city ben there several times. you cant go wrong. ryan aer flight from beauvais a bit of a hassle. but if ur on a budget its good. and if paris do some reaearch on figuring out the metro before you get there. gets you asround the city really well though. paris is your man i think.

Just back from Barcelona - class city! Plenty to see and do and the night life is pretty good. Worth looking into - many threads on this board with info on Barca, do a quick search.

Second Barcelona, best city in Europe. If funds are an issue, why not take her someplace you've not been to in this country. I know it's expensive, but look around, i'm sure there are someplaces not overly pricey, especially this time of year. Something cosy in Connemara or whatever you might be into!

Thanks guys,appreciate the repies..barcelona looks great..could be a runner!

If you fancy prague, Jet2's your best bet. We just got a week booked in feb half term (mostly expensive) for £200 pounds for both of us. It'll be cheaper out of half term. Also Prague has the added advantage of being very cheap (especially if u like the occasional drink).

If you're thinking of Prague, checkout flights on Ryanair - EUR 70-90 return per person depending on which weekend you choose. Prague is gorgeous, lots to see and lovely food and drink, great value.

I Agree with whoever said Barcelona, its gorgeous city, i was there in March and it was lovely and warm, so i'd say Feb woudl be mild enough. Aer Lingus are doing a sale on flights too so check out there website.
Or how about Rome or Nice?

myself and my boyfriend were looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful one new yrs and ended up goin to dusseldorf for like €70 return!!try aerlingus for cheap flights and go to hotels.com for cheap hotels. we had a great time, didnt know anyone, couldnt speak the language but we ended up goin bk the yr after again! just go to aerlingus.ie, look for the cheapest place to get to and at the end of the day it doesnt matter where u go-u make ur own fun!!

Prague is good. If budget for flights are an issue then I would recommend London also.