Advice on history!

sorting it!

Hi, I like many others made stupid, stupid decsions re:money and loans during my college years. It was so easy to access that I accumalated 35k of debt b4 i knew it. I am cleared down to 8200k now but am paying for my mistakes now that i am trying to buy a house.
My question relates to applications for loan approval to obtain affordable housing. I need to apply to EBS, BOI and IIB as they deal with these loans. my prob is credit history and i just want to know how much of a problem is this going to be????!!!!!
BOI loan of 5500e (200e per mth)This is being paid off through BOI solicitor as I just avoided legal action!
MBNA c.c of 1200e(card cancelled, only paying off. 200e per mth)
GE capital 1000e that will be cleared in 2mths but only reg payments wit no arrears in last 16mths.
Revoked c.c from ulster bank of 1500e (dont ask me how I did this but after it was revoked and I managed to get myself on track I forgot about this until i saw it on my credit report!!) I have contacted the bank to get account details to pay it off.

I admit i am a spendaholic and dont have much savings but lately have been keeping my spending in check and thinking 1st b4 handing over my laser!! I earn 35k per annum, and should be in a good positon but im not!!! I have accepted full responsiblity for my situation but now want to know if theres a light at the end of the tunnel and possibility of buying a house ( in the future but going to apply for this anyway as its an opportunity i cant waste and should try!! but not in any rush!!!)

You should discuss your situation with MABS - they have plent of experience in this area.

Unfortunately I think you will have to clear all of your debts before you are considered for a mortgage.

G

Firstly in answer to your question there is always hope. Credit history is not available eternally. Five years after the debt is cleared your history is clear. You make no mention of any savings? Perhaps once the credit card is cleared (as the other debts appear to be under management) you might consider saving something towards a deposit? You do need to make sure that you are aware of and managing all your debts though.

sorting it!

Well done for reducing your debt to its current level, how long has that taken you?

Jaid

Back