Advice on gas boiler for central heating

T

trekie

i am going to change from oil to gas heating (average three bed semi detatched house)...can anyone recomend a quality gas boiler ....i have been advised that a potterton make is the way to go ...what would the average price for a good quality gas burner be...

At http://www.sedbuk.com you'll find most available boilers, sorted by efficiency. The cheapest is at the moment the combi-condensing boiler in B&Q Cork from Baxi, € fivehundred and something. I haven't seen them cheaper. It runs on gas and has a Sedbuk efficiency rating of "A". You need as well a piece of "stove" pipe and a bend, both available at the same B&Q.
If you can't have a pressurised system ( most think so but never checked the actuall pressure at the watermains themself) you still can buy the combi boiler, simply connect it in the usuall way and forget about the pressurised feature.
Compare the offer you got with the Sedbuk list, check if someone tried to sell you an outdated banger. Go for nothing less than "A" rated, Ireland is a dump for obsolete boilers. The sellers make a fortune on selling rubbish to the uninformed, so better check twice. Good luck.

Back