Advice on Bosch Double Ovens

D

DrB

Thinking of buying Bosch built-in double oven HBN56M550B (comes out best in recent Which? test). Would welcome advice on this and also advice on good gas hob.

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Good to see you are going for Bosch as their products are generally very good quality. One point I would raise tho is make sure that the main oven is self-cleaning because its a terrible job cleaning an oven.

This previous thread on general advice on gas hobs might help. The references in both of these posts might be something to bear in mind when making your purchase.

There may well be some more advice in these previous threads also.

Best of luck with the purchases.

We recently took delivery of a Bosch single oven and a Bosch single oven with a built in microwave which cooks conventially and in combination with the microwave. Great pieces of kit! Not cheap but well worth the extra.

I recently bought a Bosch Single oven with combined grill. I am very disappointed with the grill element, in that it is very hard to control the heat. There are three settings but basically it stays red hot at all of them. It is difficult to grill food satisfactorily. I would certainly go for a double oven in the future and only use the top oven with integrated grill for grilling. I had a Hotpoint cooker prior to this and it was a far superior cooker I felt. I had to change to the single oven when installing a new kitchen.

I bought a Bosch 43M560 oven recently and have been using it 2 months. All good so far!
With regard to gas hob, we got the Bosch gas on glass- great job! So easy to keep clean!

Thanks for all the replies, I think the Bosch double oven is probably the one - we've been looking at a De Dietrich gas on glass hob, it's pricy but looks great - really glad of the advice on that one.

I have a bosch double oven - not sure of model. Its 6 years old and used most days. Its brilliant and I would'nt part with it for the world. It's not a self clean. All I can tell you ablut it is that dials push in flush for cleaning which is great. Its stainless steel and very easy to keep clean. The top oven is an standard oven and grill and the bottom oven is a standard, fan and bottom heat only and I think a grill! (I use fan in that one all the time)

I also have a bosch ceramic hob with touch controls and again I would'nt part with that either.

My oil stanley is only used to heat the house (23 rads which it does very well) and about 2 wks before christmas I turn on the oven to check that it is ok and it is then used on Christmas Day! (The double oven & hob used to capavity that day as well) What a waste of an oil cooker!

When I come in from work with a small child everyday the quickest option is the Bosch.

Back