Advice on a conservatory

losttheplot

Thinking of adding a conservatory, Homebase have 50% off their marked price at the moment. Anyone any idea what quality these are, would we be better going with the likes of Senator etc.

Is it a bad sign that they're able to give 50% off?

Thanks

Before you buy something from Homebase - talk to a builder and get a quote. It is worth doing a little homework first. I recently went for a sunroom - rather than a conservatory. Conservatory can be difficult to heat in winter and unbearably hot in the summer. Sun room (with proper tiled roof) is easier to regulate temperature.

Hope this helps.

I know it depends on the person / property, but i would seriously consider getting a Sunroom / Sunlounge instead of a conservatory. I am at present deciding how to go about putting a proper tiled roof onto my conservatory to make it into a Sunroom. It's for all the usual reasons, too cold in winter, too hot in summer, too noisy when it rains etc..
Saw a flyer recently for a company advertising a 2 day sunroom, alas I cannot remember the name, looked the business though. No price was given either, but definately look into a price comparison between the 2 systems.
Cheers

Back