Advice for First time landlord

FCBC12

Looking to move house, and rent out my current property. Any advice is appreciated.

Search the site, you will finds lots of advice, your post is a little vague and actually a big question really, time spent searching the site should help you narrow down your concerns.

Agreed, there are many threads on the topic already. Spend some time reading and post again if you have a more specific question.

Renting out a property in Ireland is not for the feint-hearted. You need to start somewhere, so talk to a reliable real estate agent asap.

Looking to move house, and rent out my current property. Any advice is appreciated.

My advice would be don't do it unless you have to (e.g. negative equity). Cards are stacked against landlords right now and more regulations are coming down the line.

My advice would be don't do it unless you have to (e.g. negative equity). Cards are stacked against landlords right now and more regulations are coming down the line.

Agreed the anti landlord bias at the moment is bad. If you can afford to run the risk of a non paying tenant for a couple of months and can still pay the mortgage then it might be worth a punt but if you can't or don't like confrontation and can't stand your ground when things get ugly then avoid becoming a landlord.

As a longtime landlord currently exiting the market, my advice is to avoid at all costs. The risks, penal tax rates, headaches and legislative threats imposed do not support the financial return.

Back