Advertising on flyers....logo allowed ?

kojak

Hi,
I am living in the west of ireland, i am frequently back and forth to dublin quite a bit (i am a tradesman with a large van) and as with alot of people nowadays, work has gone pretty slack, but with bills to pay i am constantly trying to think of new ideas to try and earn a living !!!

I am a sole trader, but my question is... if i was to use a well branded company logo on my flyers, offering an independant delivery service to galway from that company, do i need permission from them ?

For example : John's pick up, delivery and plumbing services,
now deliver (e.g.)B&Q products(small B&Q logo here)right to
your door and we will install. (i will let it be known i am
independant and not related to the company)

This company are not in galway,they have a shop in cork and dublin as far as i know.

Unsure if i will be in trouble or worrying about nothing ??

Its pretty simple. It is their logo, and you should ask permission to use it. They will either agree or disagree based on their opinion/rules on the subject, and that should be the end of it.

But I'm pretty sure they won't like it as you would in effect be representing them, especially in the fitting department. Your work could be seen as a reflection of their service and that is where they might have the problem.

Then of course, you culd just go ahead and do it an suffer any consequences if the arose in the future. But look at it this way, what if a similar business decided to use your logo and say things like 'we deliver faster than these guys...<logo-here>'. Would you like it?