Advertising Jobs Online - legality?

s2000

Hi all,

I run a website to help parents find childcare (creches, montessori's etc) in Ireland. I have been asked by a couple of creches recently "is there anywhere to advertise jobs that we have going on your website... we are looking for staff so it would be great to list the jobs on your site".

Does anyone know if you need a "recruitment license" sort of thing in order to list jobs on behalf of others? Or am I being too cautious?!

Ant advice and help appreciated.

Last edited:
You need a license from the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment to act as a recruitment agency.

But I don't think that this extends to advertising. Agencies must put a notice in the paper of their intention to apply for a license, and I haven't noticed the newspapers applying. So I would say you are ok.

Ring up the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment and ask them.

Horses mouth is always a good source of advice.

ONQ.

Hi. Thanks for the replies.

Just to close off on this for others who might need the info. I called the of Enterprise Trade and Employment and they told me that online advertising of jobs is seen like a classifieds service which does NOT need any such license. The need for a recruitment license only comes into effect when you get involved in vetting and meeting candidates for jobs and being part of the selection process.

Back