Advertisement for Kitchen for €1800 odd

Lorcan02

Has anyone seen the advertisement in the Metro (news)paper for Kitchens that are supposidly in or around €1800 for solid wood cabinets, granite work tops and appliancies. Just wondering what the story is with it. It's an British firm advertising it. I'm not currently in the market for a new Kitchen - just put one in for €13,000 .. but wondering what the sus is ...

I`m pricing Kitchens at the moment and am getting crazy variances between companies. One guy came in a few grand cheaper using same Oak & granite - I asked what was the difference in his product.
He reckons you are paying for the name ina lot of cases.

You'd have to wonder about the quality of the components that would go into such a kitchen. Any quality hard wood is expensive, even wholesale. I'd be very surprised if the entire cabinet was made from solid wood at that price, even if it is just white deal they are using.
Leo

To be honest if you get worktops,cabinets and appliances there must be something wrong, I cant imagine how you could get granite worktops for 1800never mind the cabinets and appliances, doesnt seem real but would be dead curious.... Sure even a fridge would cost about 400 or so, never mind cooker hood cooker etc.... thats before the lads installing it make a days work worth it!
I got cabinets from Panelling centre, made them u and fitted them myself, solid wood worktops for 100 euro for 3 metre length and that came to 3500 so am still really curious...

Be very wary of this company. Apparently it is run by a guy called Vance Miller who has featured on a few of the UK Watchdog type programmes. Their attitude to customer service would seem to be at best questionable.

Buyer beware .....

Back