Advanzia Bank Lux Paying 3.97% AER Instant Access for First 3 Months

I got this too @Lightning so I'm now wondering if it might be worth transfering the €50k that I have in Trade Republic to take advantage of the higher rates? At the moment I have €50k in Trade Republic and €20k with Advanzia.

Right now the difference (3.75% versus 3.97%) is not huge but with ECB rates expected to decline, it might be worth moving money before the 30 August deadline to ensure you lock the rate until 31 December.

Right now the difference (3.75% versus 3.97%) is not huge but with ECB rates expected to decline, it might be worth moving money before the 30 August deadline to ensure you lock the rate until 31 December.
Would it be safe to have all €70k of my savings with Advanzia? I haven't had any issues with them thus far and I'm assuming the €100k EU Deposit Guarantee Scheme protection applies so it should be safe as long as it's less than €100k?

Advanzia seems OK but there is one bug in their system: if you change your reference account you need to manually delete the old reference account from the system, otherwise subsequent withdrawal requests automatically revert to the old reference account. That's how it was with the old website, not sure if they have fixed it with the new one.

Would it be safe to have all €70k of my savings with Advanzia? I haven't had any issues with them thus far and I'm assuming the €100k EU Deposit Guarantee Scheme protection applies so it should be safe as long as it's less than €100k?

The Lux 100k deposit protection scheme applies to Advanzia.

Thanks @Lightning I am a little bit annoyed at myself for not thinking of transferring everything across to Advanzia at 3.97% as soon as Trade Republic reduced their rates to 3.75% but as you say, the difference between 3.75% and 3.97% is minimal (only €110 on €50k) at present so I'll maybe just move €5k for the moment to lock in the interest rate until the end of the year and consider moving the remainder when the ECB rates drop further.

Last edited:
With Trade Republic reducing their deposit rate to 3.5% on September 18th, would it then be a good time to move all of my savings (approx. €45k) out of it and across to Advanzia where it would continue earning 3.97% until the end of the year?

With Trade Republic reducing their deposit rate to 3.5% on September 18th, would it then be a good time to move all of my savings (approx. €45k) out of it and across to Advanzia where it would continue earning 3.97% until the end of the year?
Why don't you look at the best buys threads diligently and kindly maintained by @Lightning?

Back